[linux-dvb] Still no frontend on KNC1 DVB-C Card

e9hack at googlemail.com e9hack at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 18 15:09:46 CET 2006

2006/11/18, Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net:

> Ah that would certainly explain it... the Terratec cards are just rebadged
> KNC1 cards (at least the older ones are). I assume the ones with the MK3
> are
> newer?

I don't see the new card in real life yet. Terratec has changed the image of
the card on the packing. It is different to the well-known Cinergy card. The
inf-file from the current windows driver contains a new subsystem id with
the comment CU1216MK3.

> Does anyone have the TDA10023 docs so it can be supported?

The reelbox uses the CU1216MK3. There is a frontend driver which is derived
from the tda10021 frontend. It seems, that the driver is very buggy and IMHO
the developer from Reel don't understand enough to modify a dvb frontend
driver (sorry Reel).

- Hartmut