[linux-dvb] ASUSTEK P7131 Dual TV dvb mode?

v+dvb at iki.fi v+dvb at iki.fi
Tue Oct 10 22:52:57 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 05:55:42PM +0200, you [hermann pitton] wrote:

> The one closer to the motherboard is marked CATV-IN on mine. (1043:4862)
>
> The upper one is marked RF/FM-IN here.

    +--------------+
 1 =|              |
 2 =|              |
(3)-|              |
    +----########--+
         ##PCI###

I was looking at the manual. It talks about
  1  "FM radio / Digital TV port"
  2  "Analog TV antenna / Cable TV port"
( 3  "Audio-video port" )

But I guess the exact terminology is not important - what I was trying to
find out was if DVB can use both antenna inputs - and you already answered
that below. Thanks.

> > If I connect the stronger signal cable to the analog tv input and do not
> > invoke the fm tuning trick, dvb does not work.
>
> With the patch in mercurial master now this is correct.

And this is different from the
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg28220.html patch, right?

Ok, I'll try that.

> It won't work anymore on the analog/CATV at all.

It would have been nice to be able to use one good quality antenna cable fo both
analog tv and dvb (instead of having a splitter to divide the cable in two -
even if that'd mean fm tuner get lousy signal, But I guess one can't have
all at once.

> That's the confusing part for me on your card. For what I found on mine
> using radio once does exactly the same as the gpio21 switch now in
> asus_p7131_dual_tuner_init in saa7134-dvb.c. Every time a dvb app uses
> the tuner the antenna switch happens. Also adding a .mute section
> with .gpio 0x0200000 did the trick from the analog side previously.

Is there anything I can do to further debug this?

> Previously both were possible, the one marked here RF/FM-IN only after
> using radio first. Now with the patch in mercurial master and 2.6.19
> DVB-T on mine is always and only at the RF/FM-IN.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

> Also in your case note the new function name introduced with the
> Pinnacle 310i patch to get the firmware.

Ok.

> static int philips_tda1004x_request_firmware(struct dvb_frontend *fe,
> 					   const struct firmware **fw, char *name)
> {
> 	struct saa7134_dev *dev = fe->dvb->priv;
> 	return request_firmware(fw, name, &dev->pci->dev);
> }

Thanks for your reply.

I don't suppose you have any idea on the analog tv "dsp access error" issue?

-- v --

v at iki.fi