[linux-dvb] DiB7000M-driver released (Nova-T Stick, AverMedia and others)

Tomi Koivulahti birchbay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:53:14 CEST 2006

On 10/17/06, Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher at desy.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in my repository (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb) I just committed a
> first working version of the dib7000m/p-driver along with some
> modifications in the dib0700-driver.
>
> I tested with a first generation Nova-T stick - it works (AverMedia is
> identical). There is a chance that someone has the newer version of those
> devices - it contains a different version of the DiB7000 - I will try to
> release this one as soon as possible.
>
> Please load the dib7000m-driver with debug=1 in case it does not work and
> ...") - success reports (Yes I want them as well) can be replied without
> changing the subject.
>
> good luck,
> Patrick.
>
> --
>   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de
>   WWW:  http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/

Hi,

I just successfully tested your driver for dib7000p using kernel
2.6.16.21-0.25-default (opensuse 10.1).
I am using Compro Videomate U500 (VID 0x185b, PID 0x1e78), I had to add pid
to dvb-usb-ids.h and few lines to dib0700_devices.c so that my device was
correctly detected. After that it looks like it is working. I will continue
testing it.

Tomi Koivulahti