[linux-dvb] CA_CI_MODULE_READY not reset when CAM removed from AV7110 DVB card

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Oct 29 16:58:48 CET 2006

I'm currently improving VDR's CAM handling, and while doing so
I came across what seems to be a bug in the AV7110 driver code.

If I do

   int fd = open("/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0", O_RDWR);
   ca_slot_info_t sinfo;
   sinfo.num = 0;
   ioctl(fd, CA_GET_SLOT_INFO, &sinfo);

to check whether the CI adapter contains a CAM, the value of
sinfo.flags is 0 as long as no CAM is inserted. When I insert a CAM,
it first goes to 1 (CA_CI_MODULE_PRESENT) and then to 3
(CA_CI_MODULE_PRESENT | CA_CI_MODULE_READY). So far everything is ok.

However, when I remove the CAM from the slot, sinfo.flags still remains
set to 3. It never goes back to 0.

Is this a bug or "intended behavior"?

Klaus