[linux-dvb] uk dvb-t offset frequency weirdness

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Tue Oct 31 19:15:06 CET 2006

On 31 Oct 2006, at 17:59, Robert Schlabbach wrote:

> From: "Torgeir Veimo" <torgeir at pobox.com>
>> I'm getting some strange dvb-t signal and am trying to figure out
>> why. Summarized, the transponders I'm received are the following (one
>> channel per transponder):
>>
>> ITV 1, previously on 481833, now on 482000 (ch 22, negative offset)
>
> Where are you getting this "now" frequency from? Simply from a tuning
> attempt, or does the NIT actually reflect the frequency change?
> Have you
> tried running the "raw" stream of these channels through DVBSNOOP
> to see
> what frequencies are reported in the NIT?

My terminology knowledge is a bit limited, so I'll explain what I
experience; if I set VDR to add new transponders, it will loose the
signal, since it appears to want to retune to the frequencies with
the offset applied. I guess that means that the NIT doesn't reflect
the frequency change.

The "now" frequencies I found using w_scan. Is dvbsnoop part of linux
dvb apps?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com