[linux-dvb] Coding support for Philips SAA7162E / Dual DVB-T Dual DVB-S and Analog PCIe Tuner

Richard Dale richard at interlink.com.au
Mon Sep 4 09:59:41 CEST 2006

> I don't own any Philips DVB device, but I know, that the tda10093 is
> based
> on/compatible with the 10086 (where Andrew just wrote the driver).
> Afair,
> the registers for the second DVB-S decoder have the same mapping but
> the
> addresses are shifted.

Thanks for the advice Patrick - unfortunately, I've since found that the
DVB-S decoder is actually a MB86A16 chip from Fujitsu not the Philips chip.
But the good news is Manu Abraham has been working on a driver.  I've
updated the page at:
http://www.interlink.com.au/rad/quattros/
with the latest info.

It now appears that the card is an OEM version of the Twinhan VP6090.

Cheers,
Richard.