[linux-dvb] new tv tuner card

Philip Shead drinnen at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 8 11:04:47 CEST 2006

Peter D. wrote:
> On Friday 8 September 2006 06:32, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>> Hmm.  The card does have "LR306" on it.  There were no obvious
>>> errors when I put those commands into /etc/modprobe.preload, but
>>> I couldn't tune into any channels.  (Used Kaffeine for dvb and
>>> KdeTV for analogue.)

>>> It is possible that I don't really have a clue after all.  8-(
> [snip]

>> They cause entries in the kernel log (/var/log/messages or dmesg)
>> Please post them here. If the dvb driver loads, please start any
>> dvb application. This will cause additional messages. Please post
>> these as well.

> Here are some edited highlights from the test installation's messages
> file.  I will do another card swap and reboot later to confirm that
> it is what you asked for.

  I've had the below problem. It seems to be easy to 'break'
this card. For me it has required turning the system
off pulling the power out completely and restarting. This
also affects the windows software. I successfully got
mythtv to scan the 5 melbourne stations and managed a
half hour dvb recording but it didn't work when I went
back to watch an analogue channel and when I tried
the dvb again I get the firmware revision ff thing.
After a reboot when this happens attempting to
install the saa7134-dvb module gives

Sep  8 16:42:04 illian kernel: saa7133[0]: frontend initialization failed

Until I completely depower the system.