[linux-dvb] Re: multiproto

Christian Tramnitz chris.ace at gmx.net
Sat Sep 9 17:03:37 CEST 2006

Hello guys,

do you have a current status on the following topics:
- support for stb0899 stb6100 frontend and tuner
- MP support in DVB API
- application status for new/changed API
???

I think with the increasing availability of DVB-S2 cards the demand will
grow and browsing through the threads of the last year I haven't really
found a reason why there isn't anything in place already (other than
arguments that are more political than technical).

I got a TT3200 myself today and am willing to contribute and test. My coding
knowledge is very limited, on the dvb-side I'm also more a user than a pro.
However I'm playing with dvb on linux and vdr for 3 years now and already
did a couple of debug stuff on DVB-T with Klaus Schmidinger in the past.

If need be I would be willing to coordinate stuff a bit, i.e. maintaining a
wiki with the current status, getting feedback and so on.

My ultimate goal is of course to record all Star Wars episodes in HD which
will be broadcasted in german pay-tv in October. ;-)

Best regards,
   Christian

news:44F9FA10.6040602 at hauppauge.com...