[Re: [linux-dvb] Compro Videomate DVB-T200 and friends

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Sun Sep 10 02:00:20 CEST 2006

Hi, James

James Fidell wrote:
> Meant to send this to the list rather than privately.  Bah.

The only explaination i have is that your module dependency file is
broken. To verify this, may i ask you to examine the kernel log file
(/var/log/messages) carefully again? There should be messages about
missing symbols.
You should rerun "depmod". If this fails, your kernel is not properly
installed.
You are right, the option "oss=1" is useless for a dvb card.
The T200 should have a Philips TU1216 tuner. I cross checked, this one
can not receive analog tv.
Regarding the available channels: You should check the firmware revision
of the channel decoder (again in the kernel log). I guess it is 2.0
The recent version is 2.9 and has significantly improved regarding poor
signal quality.
You can obtain it i.e. from lifeview with the get_dvb_firmware.pl script
in our repository.

Hartmut