[linux-dvb] Help With LifeView FLYDVB-T Driver Install?

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Tue Sep 12 22:31:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

nospam312 wrote:
> I have been trying to install my DVB-T TV cards in Linux for several
> months now on and off and I think going off the LinuxTV DVB Wiki my
> card should now be supported.
>
>> From what I have read so far I probably need the firmware for the
>
> TDA10046 chip but the hardware supported list says I only need the
> SAA7134 which SUSE10.1 has assigned to both cards but only a
> /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 has been created which I think is wrong as
> this should be /dev/dvb/adapter0 or 1.
>
> If I use YaST - Hardware - TV Card and try to click the Tuner button I
> get an error No Tuner Is Available For The Selected Card.  If I was
> guessing perhaps the SAA7134 is only providing the SVIDEO in support
> and that is why there is no tuner.  Probably completed wrong on this
> however :)
>
> Can anyone help on what I need to do as I am completely at a loss of
> what I need to try next? Do I need to install some packages, compile
> some code, extract the firmware?  I can provide log files, photos of
> the card (look the same as on the site already) or whatever is needed.
>
> Lifeview FlyDVB-T (LR301 revision d)
> SAA7134HL/TDA10046HT/TDA8274
> SUSE10.1/kernel2.6.16.21
>
> Thanks

The point is that you need to load the saa7134-dvb module. It currently
doesn't load automatically.
There are tons of slightly different Lifeview cards, so you should watch
the kernel log whether the card is properly detected. Most cards of this
vendor have a firmware eeprom, you don't need a separate file.
The driver in the Suse kernel might not be recent enough, in this case,
you need to obtain a snapshot from linuxtv.org and to compile it.

Good luck
   Hartmut