[linux-dvb] Big changes in the DVB-USB-framework (for 2.6.18 ?)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Tue Sep 19 08:49:05 CEST 2006

Hi all,

for supporting USB devices with multiple data input channels (2 TS inputs,
1 TS + 1 Analog etc) I rewrote a large part of the DVB-USB framework
(currently living in the dib0700-repository) to support this.

All in all I splitted up what was a dvb_usb_device before into a
dvb_usb_device and a multiple number of dvb_usb_adapters (which represent
a DVB input each). I could use a lot of existing code, just shuffling the
function and the function names was sufficient.

I tested the code with several devices (single: StarBox2, dibusb-devices;
dual: Nova-T 500) it seems to work. Of course I cannot test everything.
Nevertheless I would like to have all this stuff ready to be included in
2.6.18 .

Is it too late? If not, what would you (especially Mauro) want me to do?

best regards,
Patrick.

  Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de