[linux-dvb] cx88 pci_abort messages

Scott list-dvb at bluecamel.eml.cc
Thu Sep 21 16:22:50 CEST 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Michael Krufky wrote:

> The RT functionality is not yet supported under linux, but the card
> has
> 100% functionality for atsc capture and analog framegrabbing.

This refers to the RTC on the RT? Honestly, it looked like mostly a
software branding issue between the Gold Plus and the RT Gold.
Overall I'm fairly happy, pci_abort problem aside, with this adapter.
The picture is nice and sharp for OTA ATSC capture and the board
appears to tune at least as well as my DirecTV HDTV box.

I am currently trying yet-another-config to try and eliminate the
pci_abort problem. This time I've reworked my USB bus so I only need
uhci-hcd instead of uhci-hcd and ehci-hcd. I also rebuilt the dvb-v4l
kernel modules so that only the modules I need are built and loaded.
Previously the "build all frontends" option was enabled. That was
kind of ugly if not effective :)

scottrus at htpc ~ $ lsmod | grep cx88
cx88_dvb                2628  21
cx8802                  4868  1 cx88_dvb
cx88xx                 39588  2 cx88_dvb,cx8802
ir_common              17604  1 cx88xx
i2c_algo_bit            5576  1 cx88xx
btcx_risc               1992  2 cx8802,cx88xx
tveeprom                9360  1 cx88xx
video_buf_dvb           2116  1 cx88_dvb
video_buf              11588  4 cx88_dvb,cx8802,cx88xx,video_buf_dvb
lgdt330x                4252  1 cx88_dvb

I really appreciate all the help from the list.

--
Scott