SV: [linux-dvb] How do I install properly (Fedora 5 andnova-t-500)?

pontoppidan at city.dk pontoppidan at city.dk
Tue Sep 26 07:27:13 CEST 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:37:57 +0200 (CEST), Patrick Boettcher wrote
> > DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
> > MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
> > dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and
connected.
> > usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_dib0700
>
> What is not working? up to here it looks very good.

Yes, but the problem is that I have to go to the root directory of the v4l
tree and "make reload" to get there after I "make install" and reboot. I want
the card to be recognised during boot, but at that point I get the message
about kernel being tainted and missing symbols. I tried rebooting a couple of
times to see if the drivers needed to "settle in", but it's the same thing
every time.

Regards,
Thomas