[linux-dvb] Signal Strength for lgdt330x

Rusty Scott rustys at ieee.org
Wed Sep 27 04:19:28 CEST 2006

(I guess it would help if I actually attached the patch before sending...)

Here it is...

I have attached a patch for the LGDT330X frontend, to allow for signal strength
reporting.  It also reports snr in dB using the dvb_math functions.  This
change to SNR reporting still fits within the current interpretation of the
return value, it just gives more meaning to the numbers for those of us who
want it.  The change is applied to both 3302 and 3303 frontends.  I have passed
it around for limited testing, and it is reported to work, so I'm posting it
here for consideration.

Thanks,

Rusty