[linux-dvb] FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital2

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Sep 27 23:16:42 CEST 2006

Mark McKenzie wrote:
> They've definatly removed the need for the USB cable. What they've done with
> the card is include two usb->pci bridges on the card (VIA VT82xxxxx) and
> installed two USB tuners on the card. The usb devices have the USB ID
> 0fe9:db58.

Interesting... This ID is not listed in the windows inf file for the
FusionHDTV driver, version 3.41 ...

> So far i've tried the dvb_usb_cxusb driver with its firmware with no
> success. The driver appears to not even acknowledge the card's existance.

Exactly.  The driver does not know about this new device, so it isn't
going to try to mess with it.

> I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to do with the card. I'm
> certainly open to ideas.

Well, you can try this:

edit linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h

change lines 111 and 112 from:

...  This will tell the driver not to look for the :db54 device, and to
try :db58 instead.  If this screws up your older dual digital card, then
instead, change lines 109 and 110 from:

... don't change all four lines -- that would be redundant.

Basically, there were two different versions of the original dual
digital card, each with the same hardware (actually, four different
versions each with different pll's but lets not get into that now)...
there were two different usb id's in circulation for the same device.

If you change one set of ids to match the usb id's of the new,
FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital2, then the dvb-usb-cxusb driver will know
that it must try to initialize it.

I have written to my contact at DViCO with some questions about this
device.  While we're waiting for his response, please try the suggestion
above.  Please keep in mind that you will need to have the bluebird
firmware present in order for this test to work.

Let me know if the device works properly... If it does, then I'll add a
more appropriate patch to the repository for autodetection.

Good Luck!

Michael Krufky