[linux-dvb] Oops with Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Wed Apr 18 00:51:46 CEST 2007

On 17 Apr 2007, at 23:48, Janne Grunau wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 00:28:54 Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>>>
>>> you might test the latest v4l-dvb code on linuxtv.org
>>>
>>> This issue got fixed recently.
>>
>> Was it 100% conclusively fixed? It sort of just died out on the
>> mailing list..
>
> The oops is definitively fixed. The bad behaviour isn't fixed. My
> Nova-T
> 500 still has random disconnects and you can't read data from the card
> until you closed all file descriptors.
>
> But that is exactly the scope of Markus' patches.

So what's to learn of this for an end user? Is the nova-t 500 just
dud hardware which would benefit being replaced with something from a
different vendor?

How do these problems now manifest themselves for the end user when
using the hardware with an end user program like VDR? Does one have
to restart the application?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com