[linux-dvb] Oops with Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Thu Apr 19 03:01:19 CEST 2007

Henrik Beckman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if this is a linux only issue, or is it present in
> windows to ?
> If it´s broken in windows to it´s probably a dead end =(
>
> Otherwise I think atleast one nova-t 500 owner on this list had
> contacts with the linux-usb list, don´t know
> if it yielded anything but iirc the problem is usb related not dvb
> driver related. Does any pursue this or did it just die at not dvb
> related ?

Hi there,

Many people, including myself have tried to investigate the problem with
little success.   My card is now running pretty stable ... it might
crash once every 2-3 weeks.

I've noticed that it seemed to crash more often with bad reception (poor
signal strength/quality).  I've improved my antenna setup, so maybe this
is what improved things for me.

Others have said that scanning the program guide from EIT causes
problems ... so disabling this might improve things.  I've never used
this so can't say.

The DVB patches recently provided should stop the kernel oopsen caused
by disconnects, but won't fix the underlying problem.   I don't know if
anyone has any ideas about fixing the underlying problem.

Cheers,
Matt