[linux-dvb] Transport error dropping

Hong Yin Lim hongyin.lim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:50:32 CET 2007

Hi,

I am currently using a Satelco DVB-C card to capture the TS from a QAM 256
input.
I purposely introduced some noise in the QAM input in order to corrupt the
signal.

When I capture the TS using dvbstream & analyse it, I notice that it is
getting continuity errors (which is expected), but no Transport Stream Error
(which is not totally expected at all).

I think that the demodulator is dropping the packets that have these
Transport Stream Errors; hence I am not seeing any of the TS Errors output.
Can anyone confirm this?

If it really is dropping the error packets, how can I modify the codes (DVB)
so that it does not drop these packets?

Thank you.

Regards,
HY