[linux-dvb] Kernel does not recognize KNC1 DVB-C card

Edgar Matzinger edgar at edgar-matzinger.nl
Sat Dec 22 17:21:12 CET 2007

LS,

  as I'm new to this list, and I've googled around trying to solve
this problem, I do not know if this has been addressed already or not.

Recently I've bought a KNC1 DVB-C card to use in my new Fedora 8 pvr.
But the kernel does not recognize this card, and thus doesn't know
which driver to load. Running lspci, it shows these results:

$ sudo /sbin/lspci -s 00:08.0 -vvv
00:08.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Unknown device 1800:0023
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 32 (3750ns min, 9500ns max)
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
	Region 0: Memory at fe203000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

It has an SAA7146 (is recognized), but it has an NXP tin box (CU1216L/A I G
H-3 SV20 0712) on it which is doesn't know. If needed I can post a picture
of it here. Or an a website. Is this a known problem?

Many thanks, cu l8r, Edgar.
--
       \|||/
       (o o)                                             Just curious...