[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (452e) packet loss

John Goacher linuxdvb at johngoacher.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 21:19:59 CET 2007

Manu Abraham wrote:

> John Goacher wrote:

> That's an older snapshot. The latest changes you can see:
> http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto/log
> So many changes went in after 5822, head is 5917 though only till 5916 is
> applicable to you.
>
> Also it looks like the register initialization in the PCTV452e driver
> seems to be different from
> budget_av and budget_ci, i don't know the exact reason for those changes,
> maybe has to
> do with something with that hardware, but then i can't make out anything
> clearly from it.
>
>> I've uploaded high resolution photos of the top and underside of the pcb
>> at
>> the following URLs:
>>
>> http://www.goacher.dsl.pipex.com/pctv/pctv452e_rev01_top.jpg
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.goacher.dsl.pipex.com/pctv/pctv452e_rev01_base.jpg
>>
>> The device is revision 01. By the way, is there any method for getting
>> more
>> error information from the device ? Do you know whether packets in error
>> are
>> discarded by the device without being passed to the device driver ? If
>> so,
>> is there a programmable option to pass error packets through to the
>> device
>> driver and application ?
>
> if you load the module with verbose=5, you get a load of information from
> the STB0899
> driver.
>
> Please try applying the patches from the jusst.de tree on to your tree and
> see whether it
> helps in some way. (hard to make out what it is, as it is) Many
> changes/bug-fixes occured
> after revision 5882
>
> Regards,
> Manu

Ok, I'm now using the 5917 revision of multiproto with the pctv452e patches
applied. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem - packets are still being
lost. I then reloaded the module with verbose=5 as suggested and re-ran the
test for a few seconds. I attach the output from dmesg, The szap2 command
used to tune the channel was:

szap2 -n 1 -r -c Astra-28.2E.conf

The relevant line of tuning data from Astra-28.2E.conf is:

Sky News:12207:v:0:27500:512:640:4704

regards,
John