[linux-dvb] Scan detects no channels

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Sun Dec 30 12:32:07 CET 2007

On 28/12/2007, at 1:58 PM, Tom Lanyon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just installed a Bt878 DVB-T card into a machine running kernel
> 2.6.23; the card was detected and all the /dev/dvb nodes were created,
> but a 'dvbscan' is unable to find any channels.
>
> I checked that the initial scanning file has the correct frequencies
> for my area (it does). The card is plugged into a large outdoor
> antenna, which is able to pick up the same channels when plugged into
> regular digital set-top-box.
>
> How can I debug this further? More information below.
>
> Regards,
> Tom

-snip- see initial post for additional output

Sorry to follow up my own post, but really keen to get this working -
I've had this card working under linux a few years ago, so the card is/
was supported. The antenna works for my digital set-top-box. I
verified that the initial tuning data is correct.

What else can I try?

Tom