[linux-dvb] cx88-dvb driver bug: unable to lock on some lower frequencies which have unencrypted channels

Matthew T. Russotto mrussotto at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 18 23:53:13 CET 2007

Unfortunately, I don't think that's a driver bug but a hardware
limitation.  My PCHDTV 5500 card seems to be less sensitive to signal
or more sensitive to interference on CATV 76 and 77 (537 and 543 Mhz).
I was able to fix my problem by replacing a set of two-way splitters
with a higher-quality 3-way splitter and putting the problem card on
the 4db drop leg.  Having another card (a KWORLD ATSC 110) in the
system seems to exacerbate the problem.

If there's a way to remedy the issue in software I'd expect it to be a
tuner parameter; are you also using a PCHDTV 5500 or other card with LG
tuner?