[linux-dvb] Artec T14A ?

Christophe Cattelain xof at skynet.be
Thu Feb 22 10:43:33 CET 2007

I don't know anything about your card and if it makes sense to simply
add an entry in the driver you mention (CityK doubt it...).  Anyway,
there is a line missing in your diff :

>  .num_device_descs = xx,

must be updated too when you add entries in the .device table.

Also, I am not sure it is enough to 'insmod' the newly compiled binary;
better to 'make install' modules and reboot.  Try to find when the
firmware is supposed to be loaded and if there is a debug output there...

I successfully did it for a Pinnacle 450e (which can use the same driver
than the 400e).

Here is what I understood
and what I did
(and proposed a patch a few days later)

You can also have a look at http://www.bttv-gallery.de/ , try to find
your device there, or open it and submit your findings.