[linux-dvb] saa7134

Vaughan Famularo peppercorn at netspace.net.au
Fri Feb 23 14:14:19 CET 2007

H all

I have tried to get my Compro DVB300T working in Linux for the past two
weeks but I have finally conceded defeat!

I was told to install the latest drivers into my 2.6-16 kernel, which I
did with no luck.
So then I installed the latest version of PClinuxOS which has the latest
kernel with the relative drivers installed and the modules compiled into
the kernel.

Now, on startup I can get analogue tv working in Xawtv IF I DON'T load
the modules saa7134 or saa7134-dvb. After I load the modules I cannot
get any program, Tvtime, xawtv, kaffeine or mplayer to find any
channels.

My hope is to be able to get Digital video stations showing in Mythtv.
BUT I hav'nt installed Mythtv yet as I don't want to commit myself to
that weekend of work until I can be assured that I can get the stations
working.

Can someone help me please???? I am not a newbie, but I am far from an
expert either. I am happy to install any program or do anything that you
ask of me.

Thanks in advance

Vaughan Famularo