[linux-dvb] stb0899 troubles

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Sun Feb 25 00:56:52 CET 2007

On Saturday, 24. February 2007 23:56, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> Actual DVB-S2 channels don't seem to work either -- szap with the patches
> tunes there and claims to have a lock, but the dvr0 device remains empty.

I found some oddities in the patched szap code -- fixing them doesn't seem to
change anything, but maybe they cause odditites elsewhere (or maybe I'm
misreading things?):

1. do_tune() sets fe_params.delsys.*.fec = FEC_AUTO;
   but the type of the fec member is dvbfe_fec rather than fe_code_rate_t --
   shouldn't it be set to DVBFE_FEC_AUTO instead, especially because the value
   is not the same?

2. Similarily, there's INVERSION_* vs. DVBFE_INVERSION_* --
   dvb_frontend_parameters takes a fe_spectral_inversion_t which matches
   the use of INVERSION_* in patched szap, but DVBFE_INVERSION_* is
   introduced by the multiproto patch and is set inside the kernel module
   if dvb_force_auto_inversion is on.

3. Nothing in do_tune() sets fe_params.delsys.*.modulation -- but
   0 is DVBFE_MOD_NONE. Shouldn't it be set to DVBFE_MOD_AUTO
   (or DVBFE_MOD_QPSK/DVBFE_MOD_8PSK depending on dvbs vs. dvbs2)?
   If the modulation parameter is there for DVBFE_GET_PARAMS only, it should
   probably be pointed out in a comment in the header (the way it is done for
   e.g. dvbs2_params.rolloff)

Best regards,
bero