[linux-dvb] dvbstream pat pmt dosen't work, wrong dvbstream version?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Feb 26 10:14:13 CET 2007

Ali H.M. Hoseini wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After searching internet (and also a clue reply from this list), I found
>that I should add pat and pmt pids to dvbstream output to work with
>videolan (vlc).
>
>I found pmt pid from scan utility output, and added 0 for pat pid, as I
>found in instructions.
>
>but when I run dvbstream, it says that it streams just 3 streams
>(opposed 4, that I think it should do, pat, pmt, video, audio), and I
>could not play output with vlc.
>
>the questions are:
>1: is the pmt_pid in output of scan utility is correct?

plain scan doesn't add the pmt_pid; several months
ago I posted a patch  that was ignored

>2: is my dvbstream version is correct? in the helps I found from
>internet, there was -net option for dvbstream, but my version uses -i
>and -r for network settings, and there is no -net option.

then it's old. the home of dvbstream is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools
a fresh cvs checkout is what you need

>3: how many streams should dvbstream reports in streaming for vlc.
>should it report "streaming 4 streams" when I have pat pmt video audio
>pids, or reporting "streaming 3 streams" is correct?

as many as the pids.
Maybe it's time to add a pat parser to dvbstream ...

 Sponsor:
 Le speciali Offerte di Benvenuto di Cassine di Pietra:
* scopra il gusto ed i vantaggi delle tradizioni contadine
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3924&d=26-2