[linux-dvb] module parameters "ir_debug" budget_ci

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Wed Feb 28 00:24:30 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 09:50:18PM +0100, hateman at suomi24.fi wrote:
>Hi,
>I am having same troubles as Jouni in this e-mail chain. http://www.
>mail-archive.com/linux-dvb at linuxtv.org/msg21617.html
>I tried to do modprobe budget_ci ir_debug=1 rc5_device=255
>modprobe says -1 Unknown symbol in module and
>dmesg tells budget_ci: Unknown parameter 'rc5_device' ... 'ir_debug'

Could you please provide the unedited messages. "Unknown symbol in
module" usually means that you've specified a parameter which is not
known to the module, or that the module has been built in a different
environment than the kernel.

>Does the compiling need something special to make these module
>parameters work? I tried to googled but without success so that's why
>I am asking here.
>
>One more thing... is there a list about the values that corresponds on
>certain rc5_device. I think source says something like 1-31

0-31, the general allocation is listed at [1] but that doesn't really
help. If you want to know for sure which rc5_device code your remote
uses, you'll have to look at the ir_debug output messages (or
experiment).

>I have changed this ir_debug=1 in the source file but I can't see this
>module messages in dmesg.

>From what you've said previously it seems unlikely that the module is
even loaded.

[1] http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/rc5.htm