[linux-dvb] Another Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T Oops

Chris Johns chris at contemporary.net.au
Fri Jan 26 00:46:49 CET 2007

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> What exactly was it that improved the behaviour in 2.6.20-rc4 ?

This is a good question. I upgraded from the standard FC5 kernel to
2.6.20-rc4 and the occurrence of an oops dropped to once every few days
rather than hours.

I have forced one by playing with the antenna cables. I know I have a
couple of bad channel configurations in my MythTV setup so I wonder if
this is something.

> What is the exact reason for the disconnect (USB-debugging need to be
> enabled maybe)? Is it the device which disconnects itself or is it the bus
> which disconnects the device due to an error?

How would I go about turning usb debugging info on and finding this out ?

Regards
Chris