[linux-dvb] Trouble building latest v4l-dvb

tuxmeister at tuxmeister.net.tf tuxmeister at tuxmeister.net.tf
Sat Jun 2 12:43:11 CEST 2007

Hey people!

I'm having some trouble building the latest version of the video4linux-dvb package. I followed all the instructions in the wiki about doing this, but when I do "make" I get this:

make -C /home/mario/Desktop/tdt/v4l-dvb/v4l
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/mario/Desktop/tdt/v4l-dvb/v4l'
Updating/Creating config
Preparing to compile for kernel version 2.6.18
File not found: /lib/modules/2.6.18-elive/build/.config at /scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 31, <IN> line 4.
make[1]: *** No hay ninguna regla para construir el objetivo `.myconfig', necesario para `config-compat.h'.  Alto.
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/mario/Desktop/tdt/v4l-dvb/v4l'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have a Miglia miniTV Express.

This is what I get when I plug in the device, using its propper firmware places in /lib/firmware/ :

dvb-usb: found a 'WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (based on ZL353)' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will use the device's hardware PID filter (table count: 15).
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs.
dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (based on ZL353) successfully initialized and connected.

This tells me that the device is propperly recognized. Now I have to build v4l-dvb to go on and try to make it work, but as I get that "make" error, I'm stuck. Anybody has any idea about this? Is there any problem with the lates v4l version on linuxtv.org?

Thanks in advance.

TuxMeister