[linux-dvb] question about the zap utilities ,,, why so many?

CityK CityK at rogers.com
Sun Jun 3 19:39:33 CEST 2007

So there is:
- zap ... intended for developers
- azap ... for ATSC and N.A dig. cable (STCE 07)
- czap ... for DVB-C
- szap ... for DVB-S
- szap2 ... for DVB-S2
- tzap ... for DVB-T

Is there any technical reason why these 6 utilities aren't blended
together into a __single__ comprehensive tuning app ... say, "zaptune"
or whatever, for example?

I'm not a coder, so I'm not going to be doing this.  But it strikes me
as a logical project if someone wanted to take something up. ... Google
Summer of Code be damned, look out for the CityK Day of Programming!
--- Takers will get no mentoring, likely lots of criticism from the
projects resident trolls, and no cash reward....but rest assured, you
will have at least earned the CityK seal approval and a glowing sense of
self accomplishment.