[linux-dvb] dvb-usb-dib0700 - Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 2

Soeren Moch Soeren.Moch at stud.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 4 13:49:06 CEST 2007

Last week I bought a Hauppauge Nova-T Stick, which is almost unusable
with vdr.

USB-IDs of Stick:
used driver:
  dvb-usb-dib0700 from linux- /
  hg snapshot from last friday (June 1st, 2007)
used firmware:
  dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw ( with dvb-usb-dib0700-02-rc1.fw even worse)
vdr version: 1.4.5 / 1.4.0

After some debugging I found out following:

Calls to mt2060_set_params (tune to a VHF/UHF channel) are ignored
after a call to  dib0700_streaming_ctrl(adap, 1); (enable video
streaming) until we call dib0700_streaming_ctrl(adap, 0); (disable
video streaming). Unfortunately the vdr under almost all circumstances
starts video streaming and and trys to tune afterwards.

As the Nova-T Stick is listed in dvb-wiki as fully supported there are
2 opportunities (as I can see):
1. a new hardware version of this stick (i2c bus of tuner is disabled
   during streaming to avoid noise as in other dvb frontends, maybe
   this was not the case in older hw versions)
2. a hardware bug in my stick

I hope somebody can help solving this problem.