[linux-dvb] dib0700 problems (nova-T usb stick)

Soeren Moch Soeren.Moch at stud.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 11 09:46:50 CEST 2007

Hello Stephen,

at http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/76793/v4l-dvb.patch

you can find a patch for the dvb-usb-dib0700 driver, which should
- solve vdr tuning problems
- give you correct lock flags
- give you (at least old) data for signal strength and error rate
- decrease the usb disconnect rate of this stick

Unfortunately I could not solve the disconnect problem at all.

other thread:
> The reason for the whole TS is one to avoid tuning channels all the
> time..

Here I have good news for you: as long as you are not tuning, no
disconnect should occur with the patch.

This patch probably breaks other (non dib7000p) dvb-usb devices. But
this ugly hack might be nothing for the mainline anyway.

S:oren