[linux-dvb] cx88-dvb modprobe failure

Peter D. peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au
Mon Jun 11 14:17:43 CEST 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 11:15, Sid Boyce wrote:
> Peter D. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 May 2007 16:05, Sid Boyce wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >> CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 17de:08a4, board: KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >> Any ideas?
> >> Thanks and Regards
> >> Sid.
> >
> > I have a similar card, except it is 17de:08a6.
> >
> > Is there any chance of static damage?  Is the card seated properly?
> >
> > BTW how did you configure the remote control?
>
> Checked it was seated properly by pressing down on it, seemed OK. Took
> it to my daughter's and installed it in her openSUSE 10.0 PC, worked
> straight away, 17de:08a6.
> Installed her card in my PC, reported as 17de:08a6 and it works, kernel
> 2.6.22-rc4.
> Must have been some problem with seating as you said.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Sid.

It was just a reminder to check the obvious.

At one stage I thought that I must have zapped my Kworld card.  In
retrospect it might be that it won't work in my AM2 box (an ASUS
M2N-E with nForce 570 ultra and a 65 Watt 3600+ 64X2), only in my
Sempron box.

Sooner or later I will shuffle some hardware and have another look.

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.