[linux-dvb] Vivanco 21056/LR306 a.k.a. MSI DVB at Anywhere a.k.a LifeView Hybrid doesn't scan

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Fri Jun 22 00:31:28 CEST 2007

HI, Werner

Werner Braun schrieb:
> Am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007 10:09:26 schrieb Peter D.:
>> On Tuesday 19 June 2007 10:01, Werner Braun wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> In DVB-T, I haven't been
>>> able to tune in into all stations (e.g. RTL, ZDF), but this might be an
>>> antenna issue.
>> It could also be a configuration problem.  If, for example, the station
>> changes its guard interval the TV at nywhere A/D is not smart enough to
>> sort it out.
>
> Peter,
>
> no, it was just the antenna actually. I've only got the tiny passive stick
> from out of the box. I put it a bit further up on the roof, and it worked.
>
> Hartmut, can you figure any further parameters I might fiddle with to get the
> analog working?
>
> The both parameters you gave me didn't show any difference. Neither analog nor
> digital.
>
> The card in this thread (msi at anywhere a/d) looks exactly like mine:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-September/012646.html
>
> Werner

Sorry its late.
I am a bit confused: Is analog (via Tuner) partly working or not at all?
I can try to retrieve the baseband input configuration from the eeprom
dump.
I had a glance at the pictures you sent me.
Looks like the card supports FM radio - did you try it?
There is a chip between antenna input and the tuner chip (TDA8275A)
Can you find out its type? It is a unusual package for RF, can you see
whether there are traces going to the sucket or to the tuner?