[linux-dvb] MSI Digi Vox Mini II

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:36:41 CEST 2007

On 6/28/07, Jiri Polcar <polcar at physics.muni.cz> wrote:
>     Ciao,
>
> Last week I bought the MSI Digi Vox Mini II device. I noted that Michael
> Krufky wrote a patch:
>
>     http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/0832954f4b9d
>
> I follow instructions described on the page
>
>     http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/MSI/DigiVoxMiniII
>
> I tested it on the ubuntu 7.04 and fedora 7, but with no success. All I
> get in /var/log/message is:
>
>     usb 4-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 9
>     usb 4-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>     input: MSI DIGIVOX mini II V2.0 as /class/input/input14
>     input: USB HID v1.01 Keyboard [MSI DIGIVOX mini II V2.0] on usb-0000:00:1d.7-2
>
> Did I something wrong? Could anyone giv me a glue?

You didn't do anything wrong, you just got unlucky. The "MSI DIGIVOX
mini II" is supported, however the "MSI DIGIVOX mini II V2.0" is not
currently supported.

I started a thread called "New device : MSI DIGIVOX mini II V2.0" on
this subject a few weeks back (check the archive). In the end I RMA'd
a couple of these devices as I couldn't wait for support to appear.