[linux-dvb] HVR4000 Support

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:13:55 CET 2007

On 3/18/07, Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org> wrote:

> I can't even see why you would need to even set the delivery
> type to query the delivery parameters.

If the delivery parameters are the same, i don't see why you need an
API update and all the hell, if it had just the same delivery
parameters. ;-)

For multistandard devices, capabilities are different due to the
different demodulator cores on the relevant chip (for
dvb-s/dvb-s2/dss), whether it be vendor X or Y, it is indeed
implemented that way only. And the basics specs just talks the same.

This is due to the fact that the DVB-S2 DSP core is different from the
DVB-S/DSS DSP core, as mentioned in the DVB-S2 specs

Usually, the Viterbi decoder will be on another separate core from the
demodulator

Manu