[linux-dvb] HVR4000 status

will nodenet at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:37:54 CET 2007

Hi,

I've compiled the HVR4000 tree (~stoth/hvr4000
<http://linuxtv.org/hg/%7Estoth/hvr4000> ) and so far I've been able to scan
channels (DVB-S) successfully, but can't get a picture. I've also had the
DVB-T part of the card working fully (using the 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 kernel with
card=56). Analogue didn't work at all for me although it seemed to detect
everything fine (I think it was tuner 63), the radio is not detected (I
presume it's not implemented). I'm wondering how far along the HVR4000
support is currently and whether I've achieved as much as is currently
possible or if I have got something miss configured etc.

I'm using a combination of xine, mythtv, tvtime and the dvb utils (dvbscan
etc). I'd like to offer to help as I'm keen to see if I can get this card
working with MythTv. I'm also interested how you were able to do I2C
snooping under M$.

Thanks for any help / info you can offer

Will Wiseman