[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy 1200 and 170MHz frequency

Olli Kattelus olli.kattelus at varikko.org
Thu Mar 22 21:34:40 CET 2007

Hi

I have bought new Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C PCI card. After
successfully patched the driver (new chip on this card wasn't supported
yet) everything seemed working fine. But when I tried to tune channels,
I noticed that it can't find any channels from 170MHz band (SR=6875k,
QAM128). This is rather unfortunate because all main channels are in
this frequency. I tried this card also in XP. Terratec's own program is
rather poor, but it seemed to find these channels. Problems finding
channels has been occured in Kaffeine and dvbscan (havn't tried any
other in linux).

So...has anyone met this problems earlier. I found a
discussion(http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/archive/index.php/t-30704.html
--> 25.4.2005, 21:03) where some have had same problem, but it has been
2005 and driver has been changed a little since.

I'm using :

SUSE 10.2 (2.6.18.2-34).
AMD Sempron 64 3400+
ASUS M2NPV-VM