[linux-dvb] Compile problem for Technotrend TT-budget S2-3200 card

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Tue Mar 27 11:13:13 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:43:19AM +0200, deon at nulan.co.za wrote:
> Has anyone had success in compiling this driver?

Only with a 2.6.16 or 2.6.17 kernel. I don't remember it. But the driver
did not worked for me.

> I have taken the snapshot from the linuxtv.org website. I have tried
> to compile against the latest kernel (
> Problems I found:
> 1. The make_makefile.pl refuses to run - fixed that by making it executeable
>   (and a lot of other .pl files)
> 2. When I run 'make' in the directory I get "No rule to make target
> '.config', needed by '.myconfig' Stop"
> What am I doing wrong?

You need to download this file:

It is missing in the snapshot. This file generates the .myconfig.

> I have extracted the files in a directory not under the kernel sources dir.
> My kernel source is located in /usr/src/kernels/linux (where linux is
> a softlink to the source dir.
> Any suggestions?

The driver is not (yet) ready.
Manu Abraham announced to release a new driver soon. So if you are not a
kernel hacker the best you can do is to wait for his update :)

Greetings, Artem

Artem Makhutov
Unterort Str. 36
D-65760 Eschborn