[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T 500 user experience

Chris Johns chris at contemporary.net.au
Tue Mar 27 12:46:35 CEST 2007

Juha Ruotsalainen wrote:
> I shut down the machine after 38 hours oops-free running. Do you guys
> have any idea what has caused this increase in stability? Firmware 01,
> never hg drivers, ...

It could be the Linux USB drivers for the host USB controller on the card (the
VIA chip set). I have had a small brief piece of feedback from Hauppuage on
this issue and they do not see a disconnect on Windows when using EIT data.
This is by no means conclusive, rather a suggestions that should be considered.