[linux-dvb] hvr-1800 status?

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Nov 5 14:10:27 CET 2007

cromworshipper-linuxdvb at yahoo.com wrote:
> I just picked up this card and I'm looking forward to trying it.  I run Fedora 7 x86_64 2.6.23-1.10.  I guess I'll try the steps as described at http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_install_DVB_device_drivers and see how it goes.
>
> How close are we to getting NTSC to work?  Do I need firmware for this card?
>
> Advice and pointers welcome.

Funny that you should ask about analog mode NTSC just a week or two after we've confirmed that QAM works.  (ATSC has always worked, QAM needed a small patch to fix).

The NTSC tuner is already supported, but the cx23885 bridge driver does not yet support analog mode.

I don't know how long that will take, but it shouldn't be too far off.

You don't need any firmware for the hvr1800.

Regards,

Mike