[linux-dvb] dvb-s encryption - how to capture a stream

Patrick Bulteel linuxtv at bulteel.org
Wed Nov 7 23:03:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a dvb-s card with a CAM and my subscription card. I get the message in
syslog that shows the CAM is detected and initialized. However... I'm not sure
how to get the encrypted video. Since it's a DVB-S card I thought szap would
work, but although I "get" something, I can't view it, probably because it's the
encrypted stream.

What tool would I use? I have seem mention of ca_zap or something similar, but,
I can't find the binary or source anywhere. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Also would it be possible to decrypt an entire mux if I have a subscription for
all the channels in the mux?

--
Patrick Bulteel