[linux-dvb] DVB-C, distortion on some channels.

Mattias Bergsten fnord at fnord.nu
Sat Nov 17 08:13:20 CET 2007

Jonas Kvinge wrote:
> I am using MythTV but I have the same problem with Kaffeine. To make
> sure it wasn't a poor signal that was causing it I tested with the
> decoder provider by the cable company and it was fine using that
> decoder. Could my card be defective even though some channels fine?

Actually, it seems most set top boxes contain some kind of amplifier (or
PCI cards have sensitivity issues), because I had the same issue.

I had to add a filter/amplifier to be able to run two cards in a
daisy-chain. Before that, the first card would work fine but the second
card would only tune some muxes and complain of bad signal. The STB
worked fine all along.

Try using an amplifier and see if that helps.

/fnord