[linux-dvb] DViCO Dual Digital 4 and remote

Bonne Eggleston b.eggleston at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 02:17:29 CET 2007

On 11/15/07, Robert Backhaus <robbak at robbak.com> wrote:
> Just to let those on this list know, Chris Pascoe posted patches to
> enable the remote on his page
> [http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/] on Monday. He may
> want some more time to work on them before posting an announcement, so
> caveat downlodeur.

I tested the patch and it appears to work very well. The remote shows
up as an input device and pressing keys generates keypresses (just as
a keyboard would). The number keys and arrow keys generate keycodes
that work perfectly.

Two questions:
1. Some keys do not generate an event (I've been testing it using
xev). Does anyone know how to get all keys to work (an example is the
"DVD" key)
2. Has anyone gone and mapped the keycodes to their equivalents? I
would normally do it using Xmodmap, but there's probably a better way.
I'll do it if noone else already has, but no need to duplicate work ;)

Cheers,
Bonne