[linux-dvb] I2C NAKs and fails to respond during init of TDA18211

Scott Merrilees scott at merrilees.net
Tue Nov 20 12:23:49 CET 2007

Since you are talking about tda182x, I have had some issues in this
area, and some with the i2c setup too.

I have a lifewalker usb dual digital tuner, which uses

tda827x                 8324  2
tda1004x               17028  2
dvb_usb_m920x          18308  1

I was using b16ef95c0418/5894 on top of Ubuntu Feisty with 2.6.20.
This was fairly stable, however the m920x would start to get some I2C
errors after a while, so I was rebooting at 0500 wed morning and that
was pretty good.

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu Gutsy with 2.6.22, and this was also
fairly stable, however I noticed that the second tuner wasn't working.
 Given the recent comments about backporting tda18211 into tda821x,
and not dealing with the second tuner, this makes sense, albeit
slightly frustrating.

I tried out bd1cc7e65adc/6432 and I'm at least getting both tuners
working again, although it is not as stable as
5894.

Mike Krufky, you said you didn't have a dual dvb you could test with
the tda back port.  I do have one it seems, and I would like to get a
working dual tuner option back into the mainline kernel. I can build
and test kernels/modules, though my familiarity with the linux-dvb
modules is low, it could improve with a few pointers.
--
Scott Merrilees, Newcastle, Australia