[linux-dvb] dvbloop - A virtual DVB adapter

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Sun Nov 25 16:07:29 CET 2007

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This site seems to be down. Can I download this module from another
>>> site, or is there another way to send a file containing a TS stream to
>>> the DVB drivers ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jean-Claude
>>

> Christian,
>
> would this enable me to descramble a recording made without a CAM ? I have two cards, but of course only the single CAM, and would like to be able to
> store recordings without unscrambling using the card-without-CAM and afterwards descramble them using the CAM (which of course is fully paid for and
> entitles me to do this)
>
> by the way, the site is down again
> if you want, you can send me the sources by mail
> I'd also be happy to host the sources for you on my website, if you want

Mauro,

Exposing an input to the kernel demux via userspace doesn't sound like a
bad idea. It would certainly allow developers to build DVB/ATSC
applications without having access to live feeds, instead using canned
loops provided by who-ever.

Any reason why this feature (not necessarily this specific patch)
couldn't be part of the regular v4l-dvb tree?

- Steve