[linux-dvb] dvbloop - A virtual DVB adapter

Christian Praehauser cpraehaus at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Tue Nov 27 09:40:45 CET 2007

Deti Fliegl wrote:
> Hi There,
> you can get an improved version of Christian's dvbloop driver via
> subversion from
> svn co http://svn.baycom.de/repos/dvbloop
> There improvements are:
> - dynamic dvb creation of up to 8 devices
> - frontend support:
> -- event driven pass through of all satellite and frontend parameters
> -- setting of signal strength, snr, ber, ucblocks pass through
> - demuxer access support:
> -- event driven access to PID list
> - conditional access (CA) support:
> -- Message queuing pass through for CA messages
> -- event driven pass through of CA ioctls
> I will continue to add more features to this driver. Other developers
> are welcome.
> Deti

Hello Deti.

I didn't have much time to continue work on dvbloop in the past months. Your improvements sound
really cool and I would suggest to use your version as a starting point for a dvbloop driver in the v4l-dvb
master repository, if the community wishes to have it in there.

Christian Praehauser <cpraehaus at cosy.sbg.ac.at>