[linux-dvb] Problem about snd-usb-audio

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:30:27 CET 2007

On 11/29/07, kevin liu <lwtbenben at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear,
>     My usb device controller has an audio stream isoc interface.
>     When my tv card was plugged in, the audio stream isoc interface is
> found by the snd-usb-audio.
>     I think snd-usb-audio.ko is Linux USB audio class driver, but why
> saa7134 project maintain its own sound card driver.
>     which sound card can snd-usb-audio successfully drive?

snd-usb-audio supports devices which are conform to the usb audio specification.
If your device provides endpoints which are conform that driver can
handle the datatransfer to userspace for you.
You might still have to set up the audio source using the videointerface.

The em28xx also has an extra audio driver for non usb audio compatible
interfaces.
The same for the saa7134, the way how the audio data gets transferred
is just not specified in a generic specification for it that's why it
needs a special driver for it.

hope that helps,
Markus

http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/mrec