[linux-dvb] UDP encapsulated MPEG{2,4} TS into dvbsnoop?

Jake Peavy djstunks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:24:36 CEST 2007

On 10/10/07, Jake Peavy <djstunks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi yall,
>
> Been googling for a while, but my problem seems rather simple so I think
> I'll just ask.
>
> I have UDP encapsulated MPEG TS; how do I perform online analysis using
> dvbsnoop?  All the pages I've been to so far seem to indicate hardware is
> required.  This may be the case for QAM transport, but for IP transport I
> already have the stream.
>
> Do I need to pipeline VLC somehow into dvbsnoop in order to strip the
> Ethernet/IP/UDP headers and just provide plain TS to dvbsnoop?
>
> I have so far been using VLC to dump the raw MPEG TS into a file for post
> processing using dvbsnoop.

Ok, well I got it to work in a pipeline, but it's still a little ugly:

[jpeavy at localhost ~]$ vlc udp://@233.6.155.140:9840 :demux=dump
:demuxdump-file=- | dvbsnoop -s ts -pd 9 -tssubdecode -if - 0x20

If anyone has any better/other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them :-)

Thanks,

--
-jp

When Chuck Norris was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an
essay: "What is Courage?" Chuck Norris received an "A+" for writing only the
words "Chuck Norris" and promptly turning in the paper.