[linux-dvb] Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at tikei.de
Thu Oct 18 20:10:40 CEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 13:33:03 +0300, Tomi Orava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a latest version of "alternative" driver for the Terratec
> Cinergy T2 USB device. The driver is heavily based on existing Cinergy T2
> driver but it has been modified to fit more or less into the DVB-USB
> driver framework like most of the other USB-based device drivers currently
> included in kernel.
>
> This version also has the remote control support merged back into the driver.
> I'm very interested in hearing any kinds of comments about the driver.

AFAICS, all channels work here. The remote control also mostly works:
the OK and the blue button don't generate the proper lirc events.

I stopped the lircd and when I press OK then it acts like the return
key, so the button is event works.

Then I tried irrecord in the case that the lirc codes have changed
slightly, without luck:

$ sudo /usr/bin/irrecord -H dev/input  -d /dev/input/by-id2/0ccd-0038
lirc.conf

[bla bla bla]

Press RETURN to continue.

Hold down an arbitrary button.
/usr/bin/irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

(Of cause, I pressed a button and held it down)

Regards,
Tino